The Midwest Chapter of the High Technology Crime Investigation Association is a non-profit organization whose mission is to encourage, promote, aid and effect the voluntary interchange of data, information, experience, ideas and knowledge about methods, processes, and techniques relating to investigations and security in advanced technologies among its membership.
- We meet regularly throughout the year and provide training, product demos, and discuss the latest trends in digital forensics and incident response (DFIR).
- We have a listserv and discussion forums for all members to help collaborate and share information.
- OpenText (Guidance Software), AccessData, BlackBag Technologies and other sponsors have taken to the road, showcasing their latest tools at our meetings.
- The HTCIA is an organization that is chapter based. The HTCIA currently has chapters in Canada, the United States, South America, Asia and is working to establishing chapters in Europe.
- The Midwest Chapter primarily meets in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and in Chicago, IL, however membership targets the entire midwestern US (we'd love to talk to you if you're interested in facilitating meetings elsewhere in the Midwest).
- You can start a student chapter at your college/university!